The National Flood Insurance Program wants consumers to know that while homeowner’s insurance won’t cover them against flooding, they can protect their home and property by purchasing a flood insurance policy separately through their local insurance agent.
Many people are under the misconception that they are ineligible for flood insurance because of where they live, or their mortgage status. But the truth is, as long as your hometown is an NFIP community, most homeowners, business owners and renters can get flood insurance. The NFIP urges consumers to remember the flood insurance basics:
- You CAN get flood insurance nationwide.
- You CAN get flood insurance if you live in a floodplain or high-flood-risk area.
- You CAN get flood insurance if you live outside a floodplain, or a low-to-moderate flood-risk area, – and at lower cost.
- You CAN get flood insurance if your property has been flooded before.
- You CAN get flood insurance from insurance agents in your area.
- You CAN buy flood insurance even if your mortgage broker doesn’t require it.
Armed with the proper information about their flood risk and protection options, consumers can make more informed decisions to protect their financial investments. Typically, there’s a 30-day waiting period from the date of purchase before your policy goes into effect. That means now is the best time to buy flood insurance. Contact, LG Insurance Agency, for a free quote to ensure your home and possessions are protected from the risk of flooding!
All content provided in this blog is for informational purposes only. Topics discussed on this blog relate to insurance products and issues in a general application, and are not an offer of insurance, a guarantee of coverage, or applicable to specific and individual circumstances. Contact LG Insurance Agency for questions and information specific to your insurance needs.